Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kampong Life

Memories getting kind of hazy, cant seem to remember much of the kampong life since our visits are during the long school holidays, weekends and public holidays. Let me try to refresh my memory a bit.

I can remember the times when Tuk used to bring us to the beach. A group of us kidz holding hands to cross the expressway to the beach and back. Tuk was really super, he really know how to handle us rowdy kidz....
Then he will bring us somewhere (cant remember where) to pick flowers and we will make chains or place it on our hair, pretending to be little princesses or something.
Hari Raya, main bunga api...Om is the king of firecrackers, he will be the first one to bring out the things and play with it.

But I remember best is the swing that was hung onto a big tree. We kidz liked to swing back and forth, taking turns to climb onto the big tyre until a whole group of us was on that tyre. Amazingly it didnt like crash or anything...really strong, can easily support like 5 to 6 of us on it. Bila Maghrib je, all the mummies will scream at us to come in or the 'momok' will come to catch us. Kelam kabut kita lari, we always say the last person 'momok' ambik! Hahaha! I remember crying coz I was the last one!

Well, there was a time when we got into fighting with each other. (Budak kan biasalah, friends one minute and enemies the next...) I was sulking at a corner with Ros who said not to mind them. Then I said, deserve them right if they fall off the swing. And believe it or not, one of them slipped and all of them fall off the swing! I laughed my heart out then and said padan muka tak nak share dengan aku! Then I played with the sand with Ros happily...then they called us back to play on the swing so became friends again!

I really miss those times, life was so much simpler and we were like so content. Not like now...always rushing, always stressing, 'sigh'.....

No comments: