Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Maternity Blues....

Got to spend at home for two weeks (hospitalisation leave) on the bed, lying down, got orders from the doctor not to do anything except to rest and only move when I need to go to the toilet. Other than that, I am under strict orders not to move about. The story goes is when I was around 29 weeks pregnant, I started to have strong contractions and recently last Friday when I was 30 weeks pregnant, marking my student's books, I started to feel a wet sensation in between my legs followed by a very strong contraction. That jolted me out of the classroom with haste to the toilet, thinking that I hold back too long and needed to go immediately. But it wasn't pee-pee but was actually a signal that the baby was on the way....

I calmed myself down, went back to the classroom, bring the children over to the playroom and relax myself at the library area where there is a soft mat to sit down. I read some books to the children and sensing that the contractions stopped, I called Herman to tell him what had happened. He panicked and told me to take the rest of the day off...but being the workaholic, I said later after my pre-nursery class in the afternoon....ended up working the whole day, contractions or not.

The next day, we went to the doctor and up till then, I was prepared to spend the rest of the day in the hospital onwards, mentally preparing what to do and what to tell Herman to bring, plus reliving my past visit to the maternity ward. However Doctor Aziz was quite surprised to hear about the early contractions and that he would not want me to have a premature birth right about now as the baby would have to spend more time at the ICU ward...so needless to say, I was immediately given medication to stop the contractions, given 2 weeks of hospitalisation leave (asking me to opt for hospital or home, I said home, no way am I going to lie down at the hospital feeling helpless) with strict orders to lie down in bed doing nothing.

Kind of fun though at first, being served breakfast, lunch and dinner on bed, watch TV the whole day and just need to call for Herman if I need anything. But the next day, I started to get real bored, even have a slight migraine, being enclosed in a room without moving about. Occasionally I still do feel a bit of water leaking followed by a slight pain but if I dont move around, I dont feel it. My next appointment is on the 31st of July which is to determine if I really do need to go to the hospital or if I need to extend my mc and lie down at home or what I dont know....Poor Shadiq cant get near me for fear he might do a stunt on me or accidentally hit the stomach area cause a mere push on the stomach can cause some bits of water to come out and I have to make sure that not too much water came out or it might be an emergency trip to the hospital soon.....

Oh well....the sacrifices you have to go through for your baby....as long as the baby is healthy and fine, any discomfort or pain is nothing for this mummy.....

No comments: