Monday, September 15, 2008

Shadiq and Siddiq

Yesterday, little bro Siddiq got to go to KKH cause of his jaundice. I was so scared that he will be warded like his big bro that I cried at home while waiting for Herman to rush back. Well to make the story short, upon arrival at KKH, we did the registration and waited for our turn to see the doc. When his name was called, the doctor told us to place him on the bed. After the physical check, he told us that he is going to take some blood for testing. Looking at me, he told me to wait outside if I dont want to see through the blood-letting thingy. I smiled and said that I am okay but its the daddy that should probably be waiting outside. Herman bravely announced that he will be okay. However, just went the doc inserted the needle to the vein, he slowly walked out of the room. Yeah right, my macho man....anyway, little bro was quite cool throughout the entire procedure. He didnt cry, more like shouting out in anger and even after, he frowned and pouted for quite a while.

We asked the doc a few old wives' tale about jaundice and the conversation we had with the doc was quite funny. Let me put it this way:-

1) Bring out the baby under the sun can help to clear the jaundice - the doctor reply: it will only give your child a very bad sunburn if you are not careful and it does not help to clear the jaundice.

2) Drinking lots of plain water so that baby will 'pee' out the jaundice - the doctor reply: it will just make your child pee thats all.

Big bro Shadiq is all-time very helpful in taking care of his little bro. Help me to throw the pampers, patting him to sleep, occasionally play with his little bro (though very rough such as one time he threw a ball to his little bro) and soothe him when he cries. But jealousy is still there...sometimes he will get into very nasty temper tantrums, behaving like a baby such as insisting on being carried or throwing his things around when he couldnt get his way, even got into shouting or exchanging punches with his dad when he got scolded...

But it is so cute when they sleep together. I always made it a point to ensure that both of them sleep together in the afternoon so both bros knew that by 1130am, little bro will start to ask for milk and sleep after that. Big bro will hang around his room for a while then at about 12pm, he will ask for milk and sleep too. Then when both of them are asleep which can take about 3 to 4 hours, I can do whatever I want by then. Usually I sleep together with them for an hour or so before I do any housework. Then when both of them are up, Shadiq will play with his toys and Siddiq will stare endlessly at the world outside. I will be in between to ensure Shadiq dont start to throw toys around or play 'rough' with Siddiq. Then later in the evening, I bathe little bro first and then big bro. I usually bathe when Herman gets home. By then, his food is prepared to break his fast and along with Shadiq's dinner. After watching tv and playing with the boys for a while, at 830pm it is lights out for the bros to sleep.

That is my day to day story but I love every minute of it and wont trade it for anything in the world! Wonder what it would be like when I get back to work soon....

No comments: