Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why ME?

I know that I should be staying at home during my maternity leave but then its just me...I find myself going back to work for meetings, doing sideworks, preparing things for the upcoming graduation concert and other whatever-nots. It is during this particular time when I was busy painting a poster for the upcoming funfair next week, when I suddenly had this thought.
Why am I doing all these things?
There are other teachers that can do this but why ME?
There is even a teacher who have a diploma in dont-know-what design but still it ends up being ME?
Shouldn't I be caring more for my children than other people's children?
Am I being too soft? Too much a workaholic? Too scared to say NO?
So why ME again?

Herman said that I am being foolish for giving in when they ask me to do all these and selfish for not thinking of the children, rather spending time at work than home. Am I really like that?
Oh well...despite all these soul-searching thoughts, I got right back on painting, got to get it ready by this week and there's still 3 more to be done....'sigh'

No comments: