Thursday, November 20, 2008

Berita Hari Ini



The day of the award ceremony, I woke up around 5am and get ready. It was held at Presbyterian High School (Ang Mo Kio) and so need to get out early. Apparently had to attend the rehearsal first so got to be there an extra half an hour early. So that made me started grumbling about the hassle....Herman was very kind to accompany me by taking the train (said he could not stand the noise of me begging him to go).
Once I reached there along with others, we were ushered into the hall and was shown the allocated seats. We were told to stand in line while taking the awards, where to stand when they announce our names (we have to stand aside while they show slides of us), where to go out and back to our seats. I started to get real nervous....Did not even take my breakfast, scared have to go toilet at the last minute so hold back my thirst and hunger. Anyway got into talking to the others and most of them agreed on how daunting the initial interviews are, how they blunder thru the questions (and I thought I was the only one!)...very nice people even got to exchanging phone numbers and taking pictures.
There was a lady who got the distinction award but was at Japan for a conference and two ladies who got the merit award. I was with three others who received the finalist award.
After the award ceremony, there was a seminar by MOE about the new changes next year (sigh...again...) when suddenly this MOE officer approached me to come out for an interview. I started to get really nervous (again!) and more so when I got to know its from the press. The man who conducted the interview though reassured me it will be very brief and light. After the interview, I went back to the hall for another picture taking and congratulating the others for their awards as well as saying my goodbyes since I had to rush off to Bedok PCF HQ for my course.
Along the way, got another call from Warna deejay Sheikh for another interview... wow....I was like so overwhelmed, so not used to all this attention. So I rattle on through another interview and when it was all over, had a bad headache.

So here is my thank you speech:
I like to first and foremost extend my heartfelt thanks to my darling hubby for all the support and encouragement that he have given me. Despite the nagging and scolding that I get from him, I know that deep inside he is very proud of my achievements. I would also like to thank to everyone out there; my uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, colleagues and all of you who are reading my blog, for all the support that I have received throughout the years... and also a special big thanks to my wonderful Batman and Robin as well as my terrible K1 kids, who helped me to see life through a very different and magical perspective, for giving me wondrous and memorable experiences...THANK YOU! TERIMA KASIH! SHIE SHIE! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments: