Sunday, November 2, 2008

29 years and counting....

Last Monday, Herman brought the whole family out to Marina Square. We went to Kiddy Palace and got pants for Big Bro while Little Bro got a few new toys (kesian, most of his toys are hand-me-downs). Then unexpectedly Herman started to talk about getting a birthday gift for me....did not really believe him...until we passed by Crocs. He went in and told me to choose. Not taking it seriously, I thought we were just window shopping. When I said this or that is nice, he told me okay take it. Thats when I thought 'oh no, this is real'. After much persuasion from Herman with Shadiq constant grumbling and rolling on the floor, I chose this pink/red croc without looking at the price tag, thinking that it will be around the $50s range. But 'gulp' when we went to pay, it was more than that. Needless to say, I should display the croc in our glass cabinet for display than wearing it.

Then last Friday, me and Herman went out without the kids for my birthday. Felt kind of guilty for leaving the kids behind...anyway, we went to Orchard Rd Swensen for the birthday dinner...saw a few weirdos dressing up as vampires, ghouls or whatever, most likely heading to parties of that sort... At Swenson, we enjoyed the food, enjoyed watching a cute surprise birthday celebration of this young teenage couple and most of all enjoy each other's company. After the dinner, we walked around Orchard Rd, I bought a few t-shirts and a pair of jeans. Then we headed home.

Well, it was kind of a nice celebration this year.....and so I like to thank my darling, dearest hubby for these wonderful gifts and moments...terharu sungguh... despite being 29years old and all but I am so glad and thankful that at least I have my better half to grow old together...

No comments: