Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby Blues (part 4)

Last few days was funny and scary. It all started last Thursday morning when I started to have very bad backache. Can't move around regardless how I tried to change my position, tried sitting or lying down, walk around, bathe, tried everything but the ache just won't go away. So I thought "Okay, maybe been so tense lately...should try to relax and calm myself down." So think of happy thoughts, watch tv and for a while it worked, the pain slowly subsides. Then during late afternoon, the pain came back with full force, accompanied by very bad abdominal pain and I thought "Must have ate something wrong. Mak nya sambal tumis sardine power!" So drank lots of water and lie down on the bed. But the pain just got more intense...and in my mind I wasnt thinking about the fact that maybe I was going into labour because there was no contractions at all.
When Herman got back, told him about the pain and all. He tried to massage my back, rubbed oil and did everything to make me comfortable. By then I started to get a feeling of very intense contractions, aching all over and cold sweats. And I said to Herman "I think we should go hospital now." So we called my mum who rushed over to look after Shadiq who is crying.
When we reached the hospital, I was straight away placed in the labour ward where the nurse checked for my contractions. Apparently the contractions stopped when we reached the hospital but the other pain still stay with me. After an hour, they told me that I can go home and rest, probably due to a bad indigestion. So we went home. Couldnt sleep the whole night though, what with the bad aches and the vomitting that started later. Next morning Friday we see the GP (doctor Aziz was on holiday). Told me I had gastric flu and gave me some medicine to eat. Felt okay the whole day so I blamed the aches for the wind in my stomach.
But the next day Saturday, the pain came back this time I had shortness of breath and I thought "Not AGAIN." My back felt like it was being snapped into two, my tummy felt like it was being poked all over with needles, the lower region like being ripped apart...and every breath that I took is accompanied with pain....Tried to last the pain out, take panadol and the medication that the doc gave me, bathing (which kind of help a bit), put 'koyok' on the back and my mum rubbed my back and chest for breathing. Tried taking shorter breaths to ease the pain. Nothing works though. My mum panic when I started to turn very pale and break out in cold sweat. Called a few people for advise and they all told her the same thing "Go hospital now." I wanted to wait out to see if it will go away like the last time. Waited for a while more then decided to go (again).
Reached there, sent to labour ward (again) but this time my contractions was coming in every 10 minutes plus its already open by 1cm. Could hear the nurses talking to each other whether to admit me for labour or not. They were worried that doctor aziz is not here to deliver and it will be preemie. Finally after talking to the doctor, the head nurse decided that I should wait for Doctor Aziz and continue taking the current medication. So sent home again and felt very tired and drained by then. Still aching all over like before though not as intense.
Poor Herman was so disappointed, he was really like hoping that he get to see the baby but too bad...got to wait. Got a few jokes and laughs out of this though. Mak Long said that when the baby is here, should smack his butts hard for being so cheeky while my mum said that the baby just cannot decide when to come out.
Now still having the back aches, abdominal pains, lower region pains and sometimes heartburns..plus intense contractions at times but this time I tell myself and the baby to wait for a few more days. Won't go to the hospital again unless I am bleeding, my waterbag burst or my own gynae tell me to go. Other than that, tahan je lah...

No comments: