Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Blues (part 3)


(1st scan is the stomach - 2nd scan is the thigh bone)

Went for my check-up yesterday. So far the baby is quite okay, on the fat side....while measuring the head and the thigh bone, baby should be around 32 to 33 weeks but when doc measures the stomach, baby is 35 weeks! Total weight of the baby is estimated around 2.1kg and my sugar is a bit on the high side so got to watch my diet. This is what happen when you spend 2 weeks doing nothing except to eat and sleep....all that junk food I've been stuffing myself lately....so the estimated time of deliver should be around the 10th of September but the doc said that judging from the baby's position and weight, baby should probably be ready to be out by the 36th weeks. I was given another 2 weeks of hospitalisation leave again and more medication for the contractions as well as to prevent any infections. Anyway the doc will be on holiday to New Zealand for the next 2 weeks so its really a good idea for me to hold on as long as I could till he came back.

I have been reading too many horror stories on the internet about incompetent doctors and I really not ready to trust on another doctor if I go on labour. Praying very hard that I will go on labour only after my doctor comes back....in the mean time, I am preparing Shadiq about the baby. Can see that when I try to ask him about the baby and put his hand on my stomach, he totally ignore me or refuse to say anything. But there are times when he puts his head against my tummy and he will go "Ibu, baby here. Adik here." but these are very rare moments...I wonder how he will react when he really get to see his baby brother...so far he only gets to see x-ray images and thats the only image he have of the baby...wow, 2 boys in the house, actually 3 including Herman and I am the only girl...wonder what is that going to be like? Probably a George-in-the-Jungle episode...

No comments: